Friday, December 24, 2004

LSR on Christmas Eve - Cold Again!

Today was the "optional" LSR for the Gazelles. I met Jay, Alex, and a few other Gazelles at 8AM for the run to Mt. Bonnell and back. Some of the faster folks were returning just as we were leaving. It was cold as hell again with temps in the low 20s and windchills in the teens. I had on two layers plus my vest, two pairs of gloves, and my ski hat.

The run was a lot of fun. Jay and I split off from the main group after the Hula Hut. I needed to take a pit stop and no one else wanted to stop. Jay and I ran at a really good clip and were able to talk and joke around the whole time. We made the trek up Bonnell where I ate a carboom and took a drink. We then went over Bonnell and down Balcones back to Pecos. We made a right at the golf course and headed back on Lake Austin to Runtex. We ended with a one mile "cool" down around auditorium shores. The cold weather was a nice change, but I wouldn't want to do it every day.

LSR Mileage = 14.17 Miles
LSR Time = 2:07:23
Average pace = 8:59

Total Mileage for the day = 15.24

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home