Saturday, February 05, 2005

Easy 7 Miles

Today was our last "long" run before the big day. The plan was to run the last 7 miles of the Freescale course. I think it was a great idea since I have had a hard time with that stretch the past two years. The weather was actually pretty good...temps in the 40s with no rain. I ran with my usual group though everyone was pretty close together. We headed out from RunTex to the Pfluger footbridge and then east on Caesar Chavez. We then took course route into east Austin. Gilbert was waiting for us right before the Longhorn dam with some "mojo." I took a carboom there and we headed off for the last part of the course. We headed back and then took a ceremonial pose at the finish line. Kelly, Alex, and I waited for the rest of the group to finish and cheered them on at the finish line. Everyone was in good spirits. I pray that everyone has a safe, great race next Sunday. We have all worked very hard and we all deserve a good day.

I did 5 strides and then we headed over to stretch at RunTex.

7.52 miles/1:11:05/9:27 pace

Total Mileage - 8 miles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home