Monday, January 24, 2005

Final Pace Run

Today was our final pace run before the race day...other than 3M of course. It was cold again this morning...in the low 30s. I wore two layers on top and tights with gloves. The weather is doing the yoyo thing again. 40 on Sunday and 75 tomorrow. No wonder I can't get rid of my cough.

I started out with Liliana and Alex and a few other lady Gazelles. We went counter clockwise on the trail and when we hit the two mile mark they all took off. I kept to my goal pace of 8:00. I started out a bit fast, probably trying to keep up and because I hate running on the east side of I-35 by myself. Crazy Karen was a bit ahead of me so I felt a little better I caught up with her at I-35 and we talked for a bit.

Mile
1 - 7:45
2 - 7:30
3 - 7:59
4 - 8:12
5 - 8:02
6 - 8:42 - 1.07 Miles (the Garmin flaked out under the MoPac Bridge)
7 - 7:51
8 - 7:41 (.985 Miles - 7:48 pace)

1:03:46 - 7:55 pace for 8.05 miles

My fingers started getting numb at the start of mile 7 and I wasn't feeling so good. I tried to pick it up a bit, but only dropped a little time from miles 4-6. When I got to the mile zero marker I was really dizzy and had to sit for a bit. I finished with a .75 mile cool down run and got the feeling back in my fingers and felt better.

It was a good confidence builder running with a cold, in the cold, and still being able to run faster than my Freescale goal pace. Confidence is high for a solid 3:30ish performance in 20 days.

Total mileage - 10.94 miles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home