Friday, February 04, 2005

Rest Day and a Dr. Visit

I woke up dizzy again, so after I dropped off the kids I headed over to Dr. Frederick's office. They were able to work me with the PA. I felt like my heart was racing when I woke up, but checked my heart rate and it was at 60 which is close to normal. The nurse took my blood pressure and my pulse and said they were both in the good range. The PA asked some questions and said she was pretty sure I have vertigo which is probably from my sinus cold I caught right after Buda. Fluid may have gone into my inner ear from the the infection. They hooked me up to the EKG machine just to make sure I wasn't having any heart attack issues and she told me it looked like a normal "runner" rhythm. That made me feel good. She gave me a prescription for Xanex which she said could help me. I got my prescription filled and headed off to work. Once I got to work, I took one of the Xanex and started feeling really mellow...like I wanted to go to sleep. I felt like I was stoned so I headed home. I ate a quick lunch and then passed out for two hours...needless to say I will get through this Vertigo without any additional Xanex!

I am very happy that my heart isn't the issue, but she told me to watch for chest pains, shortness of breath, and pain in my upper arms just in case. I can run Freescale and don't have to worry!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home