Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Repeats at Meriden - YUCK!!

Today we did 1000 meter repeats at Meridan. It is one of my least favorite workouts just due to the terrain. I hate running fast on down steep hills and am always thankful when I can walk away unscathed. Temps were in the high 40s so it was good weather for shorts and a couple of layers on top. We meat at RunTex Town Lake and took off as a big pack to the intersection of Meriden and 11th. G told us to run 5 repeats. I was really burned out from yesterday's pace run, so I didn't plan on going fast at all. I ran with Kelly, Margaret, and Marci...my new posse. It's always a challenge to chase them!

I did the 5 repeats and got faster with each one. I was sluggish at the start and then felt better as we progressed. I then did the 5 uphill repeats and 2 backwards.

Repeat times - 5:12, 4:59, 4:58, 4:47, 4:42

Total mileage was about 5.5 Miles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home