Monday, February 28, 2005

Golf Course Run with Wish

Today I ran with Bob "Wish" Wischnia. Bob wrote for Runner's World for 25 years and now works for RunTex here in Austin. It turns out he lives here in Circle C as well. I guess I am on the celebrity running tour. The weather was clear and crisp with no rain for a change. I wore shorts, two layers, and a pair of gloves. We headed out towards the new part of Circle C and then cut through a little trail to get on the Circle C golf course. We ran in the grass on the fairways for part of the course. It was fun to slosh through the wet grass and dirt instead of tearing ourselves up on the roads. We ran about 6 miles total from Wish's house out to the course and back. The conversation was awesome. We ran hard and talked the whole time. Wish knows so much about running and has worked with some of the premier folks in the running community. Hopefully I can continue to run with him. He, like Brom, gave me big hope for the future of my running.

Stats - 7.22 Miles/1:03:20/8:46 pace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home