Saturday, January 22, 2005

Last LSR before 3M and Freescale

Today was the longest we will run until marathon day. It is the begining of the taper. I havent' got a whole lot of sleep the last two nights and have had a bad cough so I was kind of worried heading into the run. The weather was nice, in the high 50s at the start and sunny once the sun came out. I ate a clif bar on the way and drank 12oz of accelerade.

The goal for the day was to run the 3M half course plus a few miles. I rode to the start with Jay and some other folks. I started out with my usual group plus Margaret, Marci and Kelly. They took off after a bit and we saw them again at the first water stop around mile 5. I took a pee, ate a carboom and we were off again. This time Alex jumped into the lead pack and I ran with Margaret and Liliana. Liliana's foot was bothering her again so she was taking it really easy. We took a potty break for the ladies at a store along Burnet and were off again. We got more water around mile 10 and I ate another carboom. We hit House field and caught up with the folks in our group that went faster. We ran back to Auditorium shores and did 4 strides. After that we joined the group in progress for stretching. I guess everyone else bailed on the strides so we were late. I drove Jay, Diana, and Margaret back to the top and headed home for some rest.

I felt ok except for the cold I have. Hopefully it goes away soon. I want to be totally healthy come race day. I wore my new marathon shoes today and had no problems so that is a good sign. I will another 40 or so miles to them and they will be ready to go on 2/13.

LSR Distance - 14.82 Miles - 2:08:00/8:38 Pace
Total Mileage - 15.4 Miles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home