Tuesday, March 01, 2005

The Break is Over!

Today was my return to the Gazelles and my last day to run as a sub-masters runner. The big 40 hits tomorrow. I am a little freaked by it because it is a milestone birthday, but I am healthier and in better shape than I was at 30, so that makes me very happy.

The weather was kind of chilly, but perfect running weather...dry and in the mid 40s. I wore two layers on top, shorts and gloves. I still get mad every time I write about perfect running weather. The crappy weather at Freescale still upsets me! Anyway, I digress...

The workout was mile repeats at the south side of Zilker park. I ran over with the group, did drills, and then started out with my usual group (Marci, Kelly, Margaret) and Jeff joined us as well. I did the following splits...all progressively faster: 7:12, 7:04, 7:03. I was supposed to do 4 repeats, but everyone quit after three and I was pretty pooped. I figured I would stop since I am racing on Saturday. I ran back with Jay, Joseph and Jan. I did some sit ups and pushups with Jay and Jan on the deck at RunTex and headed off to work.


Stats -

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home