Monday, March 21, 2005

Pace Run Through Circle C

Today I did a 6+ mile pace run in Circle C. The terrain is a little more challenging than the lake plus I get to sleep for an extra hour. The morning was pretty warm and humid with thunderstorms on the way. I headed out about 6:45 and felt a little sluggish. I haven't been eating the best and have been enjoying my running without sacrificing food and drink. Carla and I went to see Cirque de Soleil and had a nice dinner with a bottle of wine at PF Chang's Saturday night and I took Sunday off, so needless to say I felt a little lethargic.

I did a 1.42 mile warmup at an 8:43 pace and then took off for the pace part of the run. Given the hills in our neighborhood the goal was to complete the 6 miles around 8 mile pace. I ran 6.11 miles in 48:48 which was exactly 8:00 pace. I felt pretty strong at the end and the last two miles were 7:39 and 7:52.

Stats - 7.53 Miles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home