Tuesday, April 26, 2005

800 Repeats

Today we did 800s at AHS. It was a split offering with the new peeps and people not racing in the next couple of weeks doing the dreaded circuit...and the Round Up 10k folks, as well as us Indy folks, doing 800s. We had a casual run over to AHS from RunTex and had the continued awesome weather...which I am assuming will end soon. We did the warmup which Gilbert stopped and corrected us mid-way through. I think a lot of folks are used to F'ing off in the dark, but there was some light this morning and he busted those folks.

I wanted to get within the ranges that Greg McMillan has on his web site. I used my new 5k time for the calculations. His chart says I should run between 3:07 and 3:16 for my 800s. I tried to shoot for that today. Gilbert said I should do 6 but, halfway through number 5 my breathing got really erratic and my legs were done. Three of the four repeats were in the McMillan range so I was happy with that although I wish I could have done the full six.

Splits: 3:18.10, 3:14.53, 3:13.28, 3:11.15

Total Mileage - 6.62 miles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home