Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Swimming...(DID I SAY THAT?)

Today I traded in my running shoes for a some goggles and a kickboard...very scary. I met my brother in law, Craig, at the Circle C pool. I watched some of the other folks and thought it looked easy. Once I jumped in and got going I realized I was really wrong. There is a lot to get going. I had trouble breathing and getting water up my nose. I think I did 10 or 12 complete laps during the 40 minutes I was in the pool and can feel it in my arms right now. I need to practice breathing and then work on my arm stroke. I think this is something I would like to do a few times a week during the summer. I think it will really help my upper body.

My back is still hurting. I put some menthol stuff on my back last night, took two 8 hour tylenol and slept pretty well. I read an article in Runner's World and it sounds like a muscle strain. You can actually run with the strain, but I can't do any abs or back workouts until the pain goes away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home