Saturday, April 23, 2005

Easy Jog - Pre-Race Day

Today I met Sean, Jan, and Anne at RunTex for a 30 minute run. The weather was great this AM and conditions should be great for the 5k tomorrow. I think tonight will be even colder with lows in the low 40s. I think we ran a little over 3 miles at about a 9:00 minute pace. My Garmin freaked out and gave me an error so I don't have the real mileage. We ran over and got our race packets for tomorrow and then I headed to Emma's soccer game. The group was fragmented today without Jay and Gilbert to lead the stretching. I think I saw a few folks stretching on the side of RunTex. My back tightened up again today, but still feels better than earlier in the week.

Race Goals for the Bun Run:
  1. PR with as sub 21:00
  2. Actual goal - 20:40 - this pace in the distance calculators gives me a 3:20:52 average pace for a marathon...right on goal for a Boston qualifier

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home