Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Wilke Repeats

Today was the ugly Wilke workout. I met Alex, Jan, Marci, and Kelly for an early start from RunTex. You can tell we are nearing summer because the morning temps are now in the 60s with lots of humidity. We ran a different route to the hill via Lamar and Barton Springs. We did our drills and then started our workout. G said 5 repeats for the Bun Run folks and 7 for the advanced folks not racing.

I did the 5 repeats, but didn't feel good. My legs feel really tired and I haven't been sleeping well. We did two backwards and then headed back to RunTex.

My lower back is still hurting and starting to worry me. It felt fine during the forward repeats, but I could feel it going up backwards. Tonight it is really sore. I made an appointment to see Lucy on Friday...hopefully that will help heading into the race on Sunday.

Tomorrow I am going to skip the weights and head to the pool for some laps. It will be a new experience for me and I hope I will enjoy swimming.

Total Mileage - 7.88 Miles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home