Monday, April 18, 2005

Easy Pace Run

Today is Boston Marathon day and I am again in Austin. I promised myself when I was getting ready this morning that I will be in Boston racing next year. I am giving myself two opportunities to do it...at Chicago in October, and at Freescale next February.

***********************************************************************************

Today I met some of the group for the Monday pace run at 6AM. Gilbert said to do a 2 mile warmup, 3 miles moderate, and the last two miles hard. My legs were still burnt from Saturday's long run. The weather was in the low 60s and humid. It didn't make for a good day of running. We headed east on the trail to do the 7 mile loop.

We did the first two miles in 17:13. I did the next 3 miles in 23:19 which is a 7:46 pace. I did the last two miles with Sean in 15:04 which was a 7:32 pace. Although I didn't feel good, I was happy with my pace. Hopefully I can get my legs back this week before the Bun Run on Sunday.

Gilbert got back as we got to RunTex and he showed me a few ab and back exercises. I headed over to the gym and did my ab and arm workout, stretched and then headed off to work. I am a little worried about some pain in my lower back that has been lingering for the past couple of days. I am going to give it some rest as far and abs and back exercises go.

Tomorrow is Wilke...my least favorite workout, but at least we only have to do 5 this time due to the Bun Run on Sunday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home