Thursday, April 21, 2005

Easy Fartleks

Today came really early for me since I didn't get back from Dallas until after 11PM last night. I was wired from the drive and had a really hard time falling asleep. We set the alarm wrong and somehow I woke myself up at 5:15. I still got to RunTex on time, but was feeling really sluggish. We did a one mile warmup and then our normal drills. The non-Bun Run folks had to do the tempo run while we got to do the 1/1 x 10 fartleks around auditorium shores. I ran with Jay, Sean, and Amy and we did our fartleks at a decent clip. I was going to try and run with the faster group, but my legs and body just weren't in it today. My total mileage was about 4.7 miles with warmup, drills and the workout.

My back is still hurting so Alex suggested I used one of those firm foam cylinders under my lower back. It really did loosen it up. I did my normal stretching routine and then did some easy leg lifts to strengthen my back a bit. I had to cancel my massage session with Lucy tomorrow since it is only two days before the race. I am going to reschedule with Ana for next week so I can get the kinks out with time to recover before Indy.

I am going to try swimming again tomorrow. Wish said he used to teach swimming so I am going to hook up with him and get some lessons.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home