Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Mile Repeats at Zilker Park - South Side

Today we ran mile repeats at Zilker. These are the hard up and down, kind of hilly repeats. I slept like garbage last night and didn't feel like coming, but I still got out of bed and did the workout. The weather was perfect...low 50s and dry. I was actually cold with a t-shirt on and wish I would have worn a long sleeve shirt on the way over there. I am going to miss these cool mornings once summer sets in.

Gilbert said 3-6 repeats and I was like no way, but I ended up doing 5...all progressively faster. I ran with Marci, Kelly, and Alex. It's fun to run with Alex during his rehab, but he won't be in our group for long. The first one was really hard, but I seem to get stronger with each repeat when we do workouts like this. Based on the below repeat times, I can't wait until the Bun Run...my PR will fall!

Split times - 7:03, 7:03, 6:59, 6:59, 6:40

Total distance - 9.3 Miles including warmup, drills, workout, and cool down

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home