Saturday, April 09, 2005

Long Run to Mt. Bonnell

Today we continued our preparation for the Mini Indy Half Marathon with a run up to Mt. Bonnell and back. We started extra early at 5:45 so that I could make Emma's soccer game and Alex could get to Dallas for a wedding. The weather was nice again today. Summer is coming so we are enjoying the great running weather while we can. The past few weeks it has just been Jay and I, but today we had a seven people join us...Alex, Jan, Patrick, Marci, Kelly.

We headed out on the trail, up the scenic route, left on Pecos, left on 35th street, up to Mt. Bonnell, down Balcones, south on Pecos, right on Enfield, left on Lake Austin, and back to RunTex. We all ran together and then Jan and Patrick split off at Enfield while we took the longer route. The rest of us were together until about the UT grad student housing. Marci took off and I was feeling good, so I picked it up a bit. The last 3 miles were under 8:00 pace. I did a couple of strides and called it a day.

I laced my right shoe very loose and didn't have any problems during the run. I iced it when I got home and it is a little stiff. Hopefully tomorrow's rest day will help it some more. I did my stretching when I got home after the two soccer games. I also did 60 pushups.

14.1 Miles/2:06:14/8:57 pace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home