Monday, April 11, 2005

Monday Pace Run

Today I returned to the trail for the first time since before the marathon for a pace run. I was just going to meet Alex, but Jan, Patrick, and Sean also joined us. We went counterclockwise on the trail to I-35 for a two mile warmup and then took off on a 5 mile pace run. I did a terrible thing to my body on Saturday night...drank way too much wine and sangria, and I was still feeling it today. I was hoping for a 7:30 pace for the 5 miles and hope to go even faster in Indianapolis. We all ran together for the first two miles, then I had to make a quick pit stop and everyone took off without me. Sean came up behind us and I ran with him. We passed Jan right across from Auditorium Shores and could see Alex and Patrick in the distance. I just didn't have it in me to try and catch them, but I came pretty close to my goal pace of 7:30. I did a couple of strides afterwards and then headed to the gym. I did my arm and ab routine which was very difficult...no more drinking!!

Warmup stats - 2.06 miles/18:27/8:58 pace
5 mile pace run stats - 5 miles/37:43/7:32 pace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home