Tuesday, May 03, 2005

3x1000s at Zilker

Today was another awesome weather morning for this time of the year in Austin. We had repeats on the agenda at Zilker Park around the soccer fields. We headed over to the soccer fields and did our usual drills. The crew was kind of small today...no Sean, Henry, or Jan. Gilbert wanted most folks to do 8 repeats easy. Alex and I got a rare reprieve and only had to do three. I wanted to do mine at half marathon pace and thought that's what I was doing according to my Garmin. When I got to work and did the calculations, I found out I was way fast. In a way it's going to make running a 7:20-7:00 minute pace seem easy on Saturday. G told us to run like we feel on Saturday and not worry about the watch. He says it will limit our efforts and put us into a box. I might leave the Garmin at home...what the hell?

Repeat 1 - 4:11/6:44 pace
Repeat 2 - 4:14/6:49 pace
Repeat 3 - 4:15/6:50 pace

Total mileage was 6.25 miles.

Tomorrow brings an easy 4 miles in the neighborhood.

1 Comments:

Blogger Paco said...

I was going way too fast...but then again maybe not. It didn't feel that hard.

May 04, 2005 9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home