Monday, May 02, 2005

Half and Half Run

Today I met Alex for a 4 mile easy and 3 mile pace run. G told me to run the 3 miles at 10k pace. The weather was kind of chilly and great for this time of year. I wore two layers on top which proved to be too much near the end of the run. We went out a good pace counterclockwise on the I-35 loop. I think we ran too fast for the early sections, but I was feeling ok with the pace. We hit the 3 mile marker on the north side of the trail and took off...Alex more than me. My Garmin was all FUBAR due to the trees and Mopac bridge so I wasn't able to get good splits for the 3 miles. I ended up running that section in 21:33 which was a 7:11 pace...exactly my pace for for the Capitol 10k.

Overall stats - 7 miles/55:54/7:59 pace overall (34:33 for the first 4 miles/8:33 pace)

I talked to G after the workout and he gave me some race tips and told me to go out at 7:20 for the first 8 miles and then kick it in for the last 5 at 7:00 pace. It sounds doable and would put me at 1:34:22 for the race. That would be a PR by 4 minutes from the 2003 3M half marathon. I am very much looking forward to the race. My legs feel good and my back continues to improve. It should be a great trip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home