Saturday, May 21, 2005

The Old City Loop

Today I ran with Jay, Jan, and Henry and we did the old Galloway city loop. The weather seemed cooler at our 6:30 start, but it got hot really fast. I just wanted to get in a solid 10-11 miles at around 9 minute pace. We headed west on the trail to the Pfluger bridge and then headed up San Antonio over to 6th street and then over to LaVaca. From there it was the old route up Guadalupe to 45th street. Jay's accelerade stop at the tennis courts was a life saver. I didn't carry water and was very thirsty. I didn't carry any gels with me and I think I could have used one at the half way point. We went down Duval through the campus and then down to the capitol. Jan and I stopped for water there. Both of us had rough days last summer and wanted to make sure we didn't over do it this early in the summer. Jay and I went west at the trail and did ran back to the Pfluger foot bridge and back to the zero mile marker.

I did 4 strides and then joined the group for stretching. We got stuck out on the parking lot which really sucks when all you have is a towel.

I witnessed a nasty traffic accident on the way home so I played good citizen and provided information to the police. I was behind a car turning left when she decided to turn right in front of another car. The oncoming car plowed the idiot lady turning left and pushed her into a car stopped at the light. I was very lucky the oncoming car veered right instead of left or she would have hit me head on.

So all in all a nice morning where I am thankful I can run.

Stats - 10.69 Miles/1:34:35/8:51 pace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home