Saturday, July 09, 2005

Back Down Week - 10 Mile Long Run

Today was a backdown week after building the last two weeks from 14 to 16. It was a nice change especially after two hard efforts last week with the Relay and the tempo run on Thursday. It was also nice to be back with the group after running the last two long runs by myself in Florida and Arizona. The weather was back to normal after a rainless Friday.

The group met at 6:30 at RunTex, which has become a total zoo on Saturday mornings with the Rogue group going after the masses. I took off with Anne and we took off at a pretty good pace...probably faster than we should have, but not a big deal since we were only going 10 miles. We went counter-clockwise on the trail and then peeled off North at the rock up to Enfield, down Exposition and back to the trail for the last two miles. I at a Carboom at the 5 mile mark and drank some water. I also drank some PowerAde at Henry's station at O'Henry middle school. That was pretty much it for fluids and nutrition.

I was able to get the last 4 miles under 8 minute pace and dropped the last two miles well below my marathon goal pace.

Mile Splits - 8:07, 8:11, 8:22, 7:46, 8:06; 8:48, 7:54, 7:58, 7:20, 7:20

I did 4 strides and then stretched with the group.

Sunday is a rest day and then I have a compressed week due to our vacation. We have our tempo run going to 10 miles tomorrow...5 easy and 5 hard. Tues and Thursday are the Gazelle workouts, Weds is my easy day and I am going to do my 18 miler on Friday before we fly to New York.

Stats - 10.01 Miles/1:20:00/7:59 pace
AHR - 150
MHR - 172

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home