Thursday, July 07, 2005

Tempo Run

After two days of being a slug and no running due to my cold, I headed back to join the group for the 4 mile tempo run on Town Lake. Usually I complain about this workout, but I was eager to get out there and run. We did a mile warmup and the Gazelle drills. I am still feeling kind of crappy so I didn't know what to expect. My goal was to go sub 28:00 since my current PR for this run is 28:21. We took off and I chased Lucy and Joseph with Anne running even with me. I lost Anne before the halfway mark and passed Lucy and Joseph before Lou Neff point. Lucy was breathing really hard. When she is in shape she will crush me...only a matter of time. I continued on trying to catch Patrick, but he was too far ahead. Without my rabbits, I tailed off at the end...a lot more than I wanted too. I was still happy to PR by 29 seconds. All of my Gazelle 5 teammates PR'd so it was a great day.

I stretched and chatted with the group afterward and headed to work. I need to run an easy 4-5 miles tomorrow and hit the weights. I need to get back on that program again since I have slacked off with all my travels of the past two weeks.

Splits - 7:01, 6:58, 6:32, 6:56

Stats - 5.23 Miles
Tempo Run - 4 Miles/27:52/6:58 pace
AHR - 166
MHR - 192

1 Comments:

Blogger Jay said...

Nice run today, Frank! And, that's cool that all of the Gazelle 5 "PR'd" today. We must still have that feisty spirit with us, huh?

July 07, 2005 6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home