Saturday, October 15, 2005

Random Post Chicago Thoughts

Now that I have had a week to think about my Chicago effort I want to make some notes and put them on this BLOG for next time. I think my pre race prep was perfect. I drank enough and ate enough so that I didn't bonk. I ran pretty steady during the early miles which was also good. Having to pee messed me up a bit and I have to figure out how to get around that in the future. I have only had one marathon where I didn't have to pee. I read a note today from Kenny Hill about lifting weights and getting stronger...I really do think that is the difference in my performance over previous marathons. My core is stronger and my legs are stronger. I need to strengthen them even more and be more rigorous about my non-running workouts for Freescale. I also think I need to be mentally tougher during our hard workouts. I can go faster and need to push it to make that last 10k of the marathon seem easy. I did come close to my goal of weighing 195 before Chicago. I weighed 196 on the Monday before the race. I need to get below 190 before Freescale. That means I need to sacrifice more when it comes to my favorite foods. It is actually pretty easy, but with the holidays coming up during this training it could be challenging...especially since we will be in Arizona with Mom's home cooking!

All in all I am very happy with my efforts and results. I am enjoying a little down time and managing my post race blues. I miss seeing my friends on a daily basis and I think that's the hardest part of having to take some days off.

Anyway, 126 days until Freescale!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jay said...

Great set of posts about the race and the aftermath, Frank. As the Charlotte Speed Merchants say, "If you don't celebrate a PR, there's something wrong with you." So, I'm glad you've come around to enjoy your great performance. Have fun on your week(s) off, and we'll see you soon at Gazelles!

October 15, 2005 8:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home