Saturday, November 05, 2005

LSR on the New Freescale Course

So today as I was driving to RunTex I fired up my Garmin only to have the battery be almost dead so I was looking at running 15+ miles totally as I felt because I had no watch at all...note even my Ironman watch. The weather kind of sucked for this time of year. It was in the high 60s with a strong, humid wind out of the south.

We droove to the top in Jay's rig and started at the old start line. We headed out and I ran with Jan, Diana, and with some of the new peeps around us. The new course doesn't spend as much time in the industrial park which is nice. I got water somewhere along Shoal Creek and I think at almost the 5 mile mark. I ate a carboom and we were off again. The other new part was making a left onto Hancock, and then another quick left on North Loop. This took us across to Duval. This portion had a few hills and the roads were kind of narrow. The scenery was also lacking. We headed down Duval and got back on the old course. I was feeling really well for my first extended run. I was a bit tired, but nothing really hurt. We stopped again for water off just south of the Stadium and I ate another carboom. We headed around the capital, another new twist and down Congress. We made a right onto 2nd street and went around the City Hall and into Auditorium Shores.

It was a really good run on a not so good weather day. The head winds took a lot out of me. Physically, I felt pretty good. I was a little winded, but nothing really hurt. My glute was nagging a bit, but it wasn't anything I couldn't deal with. I should be good to go for the remainder of the season. I did 5 strides and then headed home for some stretching.

For the week I ran 42.29 miles and I feel like I am back in the swing of things again. I had a nice 3 weeks of rest after a hard marathon, but I am happy to be back training hard again. Running really does balance the rest of my life and although I enjoyed the little break, I felt a bit out of sorts.

I have to comment on my UofA Wildcats beating the crap out of UCLA this evening. It was a beautiful thing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home