Monday, November 07, 2005

Pace Run

Today we did a pace run on the 10 mile loop. G wanted us to go out easy for 5 miles and then pick it up so that the 2nd five miles was at least 3-5 minutes faster than the first 5 miles. I haven't run this hard since the marathon so I didn't know what to expect. The weather really sucked for November. It was in the high 60s and humid as hell.

I started out with Carrie, Alex, Liliana, and Gretchen. We ran the first 5 pretty easy and I felt like I was sandbagging. I ran the first 5 miles in 46:42. We stopped for water near the softball fields since the water was off at the Holly electric area. We to I-35 and then it was go time. Alex and Liliana took off just like last year and Carrie and I stuck together for awhile and then I pulled away. I stopped for quick water at the Rock and kept on going. I got a good rhythm going after the first two miles and then felt tire and slowed a bit for the 3rd mile. After I got my water I picked it up a lot and kicked in the last mile. I felt pretty good. Just some slight glute pain. I was able to run almost exactly 8 minutes faster on the 2nd part. I asked G if I should have gone faster on the first part and he said I ran it perfectly.

It was a good run after 15.5 on Saturday. I think I am finally getting back into running shape again.

Splits for the second 5 miles - 7:55, 7:38, 8:11, 7:33, 7:26

Tomorrow brings a 7 mile easy run which I really enjoy.

Stats - 10 miles
Total time 1:25:25/8:33 pace
First 5 miles - 46:42/9:20 pace
Second 5 miles - 38:43/7:45 pace

AHR - 146
MHR - 170

1 Comments:

Blogger Ben, aka BadBen said...

Keep on running!

November 07, 2005 4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home