Thursday, December 08, 2005

Arctic Run in the 'Hood

Well the storm arrived and we did get a little bit of ice. It was 20 degrees outside with a wind chill around 10 degrees this morning. They cancelled school so the kids were excited. I knew I had to run in this cold weather so I went out for a short run. I wore a long sleeve shirt and a Nike microfiber top, snow hat, gloves, and long pants. It wasn't to bad outside until the wind caught you. Then it was really frigid. I could feel it on my face. Usually there are many people out when I run on Thursdays, but today I only saw two walkers and 3 runners. I guess we are the die-hards.

Anyway, I ran the loop around the school and back and kept it short. I was going to add another couple of miles to the trail, but my hands were numb and my face was getting there. It was a really nice run...but I wouldn't want to be that cold all the time!

Stats - 4.35 miles/36:35/4.36 miles

PS: My legs felt great after a hard speed workout yesterday, and again no foot pain. I must have just hit a rock or something at Decker.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home