Tuesday, December 06, 2005

A Very Cold Easy 7

After a day of rest yesterday, I met Sean and Jan for an easy 7 miles on the trail. I actually did try and run yesterday, but my foot started hurting about a half mile out so I turned around. I iced my foot all day and it seemed to help. It is a very weird little pain on the ball of my right foot.

It was 24 degrees at RunTex when we started out. I had to wear my ski hat, two layers and a vest on top, pants and gloves. I guess this is the just the start of our cold weather. They are predicting frozen precipitation tomorrow evening and night. It should be fun!

Anyway, we headed out counterclockwise on the familiar loop yacked about varoius topics. I was really focusing on my form so my foot would strike heel-toe to take the pressure off of my pad of my foot. I didn't have any pain and still feel fine now so that is good news. I will ice again tonight just to make sure.

We ran into G when we finished and he was not sure about running in the cold. He is tough as nails, but the cold is his achilles heel. I did my leg exercises at the gym and did the full stretch routine.

Stats - 7 miles/very slow...about a 9:44 pace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home