Saturday, November 26, 2005

Mt. Bonnell in the Rain

Today we headed to Mt. Bonnell for about a 14 mile run. The weather was warm, humid, and actually rainy. It was raining pretty hard as I arrived at RunTex and then slowed down. We headed out and it started raining pretty hard just as we left the MoPac bridge. We saw some lightning, but it never came near us.

The pace for the day was pretty slow since we just raced and have Decker coming up next weekend. We stopped for a potty break and for some water on Red Bud where I ate a Carboom. We then headed off again and up to Mt. Bonnell. We went over the top to Balcones and then headed back the way we came and over to Exposition. We headed down Exposition to O'Henry where we were able to get some more fluids...some greenish/blue colored stuff. I ate another carboom and we headed out. I picked it up a bit with Marci as we hit the Rock and then finished pretty strong into Auditorium shores. We did a few strides in the parking lot and headed back to RunTex.

We stretched with G in the Annex and got our orders for next week. Meriden on Monday, Fartleks on Weds, and then Decker next Sunday. I will also do my usual easy 7 miles on Tuesday and my moderate run on Thursday.

Stats - 14 miles/2:05:06/8:56 pace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home