Thursday, November 24, 2005

Thanksgiving Day Run

Today is Thanksgiving and I headed out for an easy 7 in the neighborhood. I slept late and then headed out around 8. The weather was in the mid-50s and cloudy when I started, but warmed up quick. We are having the 2nd warmest November on record in Austin and the last few days have been in the 80s. I ran out and down Escarpment and the back up to Back Bay and did the Galsworthy loop that I can't do during the week due to school traffic. I was feeling really good and just ran as I felt...which wasn't an easy pace. I got to the school and then headed left and back to Escarpment. I headed north and then found a nice little loop on a trail I haven't been on before. It loops behind the soccer fields and comes up near the entrance to Circle C Park. I ran back across the top of the trail and then headed home.

I got home and stretched and then cooked all morning for our big meal. We watched some football and had relaxing day.

Since this is my running diary, I will keep my "thankful" comments around running. I am thankful for being able to run these past 4.5 years. It was a life changing experience when I started the summer of 2001, and I am very thankful for the support of my family, my running buds, and coach G. The combination keeps me motivated and happy with my running.

Stats - 7.65 miles/1:01:35/8:02 pace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home