Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Easy 7!

Today I met Jay and Amy at the RunTex for an easy 7 around the lake. I took yesterday totally off since I was really tired from the race on Sunday. The weather changed again so it was actually kind of cold by the lake. I think somewhere in the 40s. I decided to wear tights, gloves and two layers on top. We re-hashed the pain of Sunday and moved on to some other topics to pass the time. We ended up averaging like 10 minute miles, but that was fine with me. I am still really sore and not feeling like doing much. I may have gone too hard on Sunday, but I ran "how I felt" and that was my goal for the race.

I went to the gym for the first time this year and did a few upper body exercises, calf raises, abs, and a really good stretch routine before I headed to the office.

I got a massage at lunch time and Lucy really beat me up. I wanted to scream a few times. I am sure I will be sore tomorrow for our speed workout. I may sandbag the workout and just get some laps in. I don't want to over do it since I feel like I did after Chicago. We have less than 6 weeks until Freescale and I don't want to blow it now.

Stats - 7 Miles - Very Slow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home