Monday, February 27, 2006

Crosstraining

Today I cross trained for the first time at lunch time. It was weird to be at the club when it is all busy. Usually I have the place to myself when I stop by after my morning run. I got there a little after 11AM and hopped on the sitting bike for about 5 miles/125 calories. I then got on the elliptical trainer for 30 minutes and went 3 miles/500 calories. I was sweating like a pig, and wasn't really enjoying the inside thing at all. I did some weights for my arms, some abs, light stretching and then headed out. It was a nice break from the office, but I would take time on the trail over his anytime. I do need to find some type of cross training activity that I truly enjoy so I can cut back my running days until I start my fall marathon training in June.

I am contemplating running the Go for the Gold 10k on 3/11. My sister in law is running her first 10k so I may run and then run her in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home