Saturday, February 18, 2006

Easy Jog and Stretch (posted 2/21)

After two days of rest, other than some ab work, I met the group for our last little jog before tomorrow's race. The cold and rain blew in yesterday afternoon so it was freezing, literally, this morning when we started out. G said to run for 20 minutes total so we headed out on the trail and then came back to Auditorium shores for some strides. I did 7 and then we headed back for stretching. We started outside, but the rains came so we stretched inside RunTex with Jay up on the "table" so to speak leading us in our stretching. I finished up to head to Caroline's soccer game which was cancelled at the last minute.

Diet for the Day -

I drank 12 oz. of Endurox after the run. I ate two english muffins with 2 boca sausage patties for breakfast. I ate a turkey sandwich and bowl of brown rice for lunch. For dinner I had two chicken breasts with a tablespoon of Asian chili sauce over a bowl of brown rice (4:30PM). I snacked throughout the day on Sweet Tarts, rice crackers, and goldfish. I drank 3 bottles of 34oz. Gatorade Endurance as well as lots of water.

I stayed off my feet as much as possible and didn't take a nap so I would be nice and tired at bed time. Mentally I felt good, but was a little worried about the weather since they were forecasting ice on the bridges and some roads.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home