Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Diagonals at Auditorium Shores

Today was our last "workout" before the race. We have a little 20 minute run left on Saturday, but today was pretty much it. The weather changed again so it was in the high 50s and really humid this morning. I had on long sleeves and was really warm. We did a two mile warmup and then got on the grass at auditorium shores for some diagonals (run diagonally across the grass fast, and do. G wanted us to do them for 20 minutes, but he claims we were doing them wrong and cut us off after 15 minutes. I was fine with that because I was burning up. We got a little pep and logistics talk and then did a quick group stretch. I spent some extra time chatting with the guys at RunTex and then headed off to the gym where I did some ab work and ten arm extended pull ups. Those really loosen my back.

Stats - 4.05 Miles

Tomorrow and Friday will be total rest days although I will still do my ab stuff. I feel really relaxed and good heading into this race. The weather is looking good so far, but might be a little on the cold side. I weighed in today at 203 so I lost another pound. I had some brief sleep issues last night so I guess it is weighing a bit on my mind. I still slept good and plan on some good rest between now and race day. It's always nice to sleep in your own bed the few days before the race.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home