Monday, February 13, 2006

1x3000 at Zilker

Today most of the Gazelles from all the groups met for a pretty quick workout at Zilker park. It was really cold again this morning after a glorious day for a marathon yesterday. I ran over in the pack, did the drills, and then got the directions from G. We were supposed to do a loop and a half...approximately a 3000 at marathon pace or a little faster. I took off in a group of that had some folks from Jay's group and my normal training partners. I kept checking my watch to check pace and we were going a bit quick. The first mile was at a 7:16 pace and the last .82 was at a 7:09 pace for an average of 7:13. That is a bit faster than 7:40, but I felt good and pretty smooth.

I went to see Lucy to get my final massage and she found a few knots, but nothing major. I feel really good and am looking forward to the race. I weighed 204 on the club scale this AM which is about 8 pounds heavier than Chicago...oh well!

Stats - 5.64 miles total
Repeat 1.84 miles/13:10/7:13 pace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home