Friday, February 24, 2006

Back to the Streets!

Today I got out and actually ran. I spent the last two days traveling to and from San Jose so I got some extra rest, ate too much, and did nothing exercise wise at all. All the pain in my legs was gone yesterday so I figured I should test the legs out today. The plan was to go for about 4 miles and do some time on the dirt around the soccer fields by our house. I felt pretty good for the first mile and actually did an 8:41. I started to tire after that so I naturally slowed down. I went around the park and headed back toward the house. I ran a little over 4 miles at about an 8:59 pace.

It was a nice enjoyable run, but I know I still have some healing to do. I won't run on back to back days until the week of the 7th, and hopefully I will be ready to run a solid race at the River City 10 Miler on March 19th.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home