Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Fartleks at the Lake

Today we met at 6am for Fartleks on the trail. Many in our group are racing the Roundup this weekend. Jay, Alex, and I are a week out from Indy so we will do an easy 10 miles on the trail. We got a nice surprise weather wise. It was actually cool and dry for a change.

We did a 20 minute warmup and then set out on 1 on 1 off fartleks. G said to cycle about 15 times or to the one mile marker. We each took a turn and as I was telling Jay, it was like a game of "burnout" when we were kids. That is where you are playing catch with a baseball and throw it as hard as you can until your partner can't stand it. Many in the group just threw down and hauled ass leaving some in the dust. I was in the back since I am just plain tired, but I still had a good workout and led the pack well during my turn up front.

My ankle was bugging me a bit, but nothing major. I will probably shorten my run to 5 miles tomorrow and take my usual Friday off.

Stats - 7 miles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home