Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Moderate 7 On an New Course

Today I slept in, took the kids to school and ran 7 miles from home. The weather was a little cooler than yesterday. There was a nice breeze and it was a bit cloudy. We are expected to hit 100 degrees again today before a "cool" front blows in to bring it back into the 80s tomorrow.

I decided to take a different route today. I headed North on Escarpment for 3.5 miles which took me just past Convict hill. The route is mostly downhill with some rolling hills and the way back is uphill. I felt like garbage at the start, but covered the first 3.5 miles in 28:50. Once I turned around I really focused on turnover and form and started to really pick up the pace. I covered the last 3.5 miles in 27:06 and that section was mostly uphill. I felt really strong.

I did a couple of strides when I got home, stretched and did my ab exercises.


Stats - 7 miles/55:56/7:59 pace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home