Monday, April 17, 2006

Run in the Hood - Boston Marathon Day

Today was supposed to be mile repeats at Zilker, but I woke up and found that my front tire was flat. I was going to change it and try and meet the group, but I couldn't see in the dark. I locked up the car and headed out into the dark. It was like 70 degrees when I took off and we are on our way to possibly 100 degrees...which really sucks for April.

I ran the long loop around the school and then out to Slaughter and back to the house. I tried to do some pickups, but just settled into a smooth, quick pace for the whole run. It was really peaceful in the dark. I may try and get up earlier for my runs around the neighborhood to avoid the traffic.

Stats - 6.42 miles/53:06/8:16 pace

Boston Marathon - I want to send a special congrats to my training buddies who all did really well at Boston today...Anne, Carrie, Margaret, Gretchen, Amy, Kelly...you are all awesome! I write every year that I will be there next year, but this is the last time I am going to say it...I will be there next year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home