Friday, April 14, 2006

Good Friday LSR - Thanks Marcy!

Today I met Marcy and Alex for our weekly long run a day early. We headed to Houston today and I didn't want to run long over there. Our route today was RunTex to Mt. Bonnell, over the top and then run to the old bar on the left side of the road and turn around. The run was pretty uneventful and we had some good conversation. We got water at the Rock on the way out and were looking to get more at the cleaners, but they were open so we ran to Mayfield park and got some water there. We got to the top and Marcy surprised us when she stopped to dig out a bag with Gatorade in it. Alex talked us in to waiting until after we over the top to drink it. We made our way back up the to the top unscathed from the traffic and there was only one AHole who decided to honk at us from the other side of the road. Some people just need to be bitch slapped. Anyway, we got to the top and really enjoyed our Gatorade. I started to really tire since I haven't been sleeping well and Marcy and Alex pulled ahead of me. I was always within contact, but a few feet behind. We stopped for water at the Rock on the way back and I tried to push a bit at the end. I got my times down under 8, but nothing spectacular.

The hills aggravated my knee, but it was fine later in the day. We did some strides and I had to hit the road to leave for Houston.

Stats - 15.5 miles/2:13:23/8:36 pace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home