Monday, April 17, 2006

Easy Run in Houston

I had planned to take today off, but I had a big meal at Pappasito's last night including a couple of beers and a margarita so I figure I would go out for a few miles. I felt really crappy at the start and never really felt good. I forgot about all the streets in Houston being made of cement. I ran around the Champions Forest neighborhood and past my friend "Lars" old house. His ex wife still lives there. Nothing special for this run.

Stats - 3.77 Miles/33:47/8:58 pace

Houston Notes - When we arrived yesterday we went to look at our old homes. They were both in pretty good shape and it was funny that the girls couldn't pick them out. I expected Emma to be able to, but Caroline was too little when we left. All the land around the old Compaq, now HP, campus is now sold which is really sad. When Compaq owned it, it was a really cool preserve. Now it is houses, apartments and commercial properties. It seems if there is a piece of unoccupied land, you can build whatever you want. It really makes me appreciate Austin and our planning and zoning laws. Sometimes the "tree-huggers" get in the way of prgress, but I would rather have them question things than become Houston.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home