Monday, May 01, 2006

3K at HMGP - DC

Today I met my Indy cohorts for the pre race 3k around Zilker. The weather was about 60 degrees and kind of humid. My stomach has been bugging me since Saturday night and it was really sour last night and this morning. I didn't know what to expect this AM. I felt really bloated. We jogged over to Zilker did our drills and then headed off. Alex was in the front I was in the middle and Jay and Richard were about 20 seconds behind me. I did my first 2k in about 7:03 pace. I picked it up a bit for the last 1k and ended up with a 6:56 pace for the 3k run. I probably could have gone faster, but feeling the way I did, I was happy with the run. We jogged back and then I headed off so I could grab a shower at home and finish packing for my overnight trip to DC.

Stats - 5.56 miles

Washington, DC
I got to DC, checked in and headed out on foot. I walked for almost 3 hours and covered most of the mall with the exception of the Capital. I saw both sides of the White House, the Washington Monument, the WWII Memorial, the Korean War Memorial, and the Vietnam Memorial. I haven't been to DC since I was 19 and it has changed a lot. It is still a very pretty city and all of the history here is amazing. I can't wait to bring the girls back when they are a little older. Tomorrow I am going to run a few miles around the mall in the morning before I go to the event that I came here for. It should be in the 50s in the morning and cool and clear.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home