Wednesday, May 24, 2006

400s at AHS

Today we met for 400s at AHS. I got up and had some Gatorade. I am really watching what I am eating and don't want to over do it with Accelerade and Endurox anymore. I am only using Endurox after speed and long runs since it has so many calories. My food tracking for the past 8 days has been really interesting. I got a SW package through Carla's trainer that lets me to enter my exercise and everything I eat. I am trying to stay between 1500 and 2000 calories per day and know this will increase once we get into full blown marathon training. Since this is a down training "period" for me, I really need to keep the calories low. I am making better eating choices and avoiding things like candy that blow me out of the water. Beer and wine are really wasted calories as well and add up quickly. I am hoping to get to 185 by 9/1 which means I have 20 pounds to go. This summer I need to eat healthy instead of rationalizing Whataburger or Mangia after a long run.

My leg was feeling better yesterday so I decided to come out. As soon as we started running I could feel it, but kept going. It feels like a strain that doesn't hurt so much with just general running, but more when I exert a lot. The weather was nasty and humid, and actually drizzling. We jogged over, did our drills and then headed off. We added Amy S, and Carrie to our little pod...very welcome additions to our little posse. Gilbert said to run in the 92-95 second range for 12 repeats with a minute in between. We really sandbagged the first one, but then got into a good rhythm. I was finishing last the whole time, but kept my times really consistent...even with the leg pain.

G pulled me aside to tell me that we really need to work on my form. I am going to hit the gym again with him soon to figure it out. He said my glutes, core and upper body need work.

Splits - 1:40.6, 1:35.6, 1:32.8, 1:33.4, 1:33.3, 1:33.7, 1:33.9, 1:33.7, 1:32.2, 1:31.9, 1:33.5, 1:30.9
Average - 1:33.8

I hit the gym on the way to work and did some chest presses, shoulder presses, leg extensions, squats, and lat pull downs. I also did 120 crunches/leg extensions and the full stretching routine.

Stats - 7.5 miles
AHR - 136
MHR - 158

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home