Saturday, May 13, 2006

Week of the Slug! - 5/7-5/13/06

This week was a total rest week for me. Part of it was planned, but not all of it. I figured 3 days off would be nice and I planned on returning to the Gazelles on Wednesday of this week. When I got home from Indy on Sunday, I had a few hours to rest before the Kiker Elementary Silent Auction/Dinner/Dance. We all had a great time and I must say I was very proud of the 10 beers I had. It is a new high for the past 12 months. After all the beer I had on Saturday after the race, I really needed the day off from work on Monday.

On Monday, I met my friend Dan from Phoenix for Mangia and more beer. We've been friends since 4th grade and it was great to see him. Unfortunately he picked a weekend that I was out of town to head out here. He had a good time anyway with his lady friend and her family

On Tuesday, I wrecked my left foot into the doorway...yeah I do that a lot, but this time was worse. It hurt really bad all night so I didn't get up to run on Wednesday. On Thursday, I finally did run and did 7 miles at about an 8:30 pace in the neighborhood. All my poor eating and beer really made me hurt. I felt like garbage afterward, but not a big deal.

On Friday, I headed to Chicago with a couple of co-workers to attend a Cubs Rooftop game with one of our customers. I was excited to go, but the weather was really cold and rainy. They still played the game and the rooftop experience was really cool. Again, I had some beers and ate way too much Chicago Italian Beef and Sausage. We topped off the night with a steak from Gene and Georgetti's a famous Chicago steakhouse. Our plane was over two hours late, so I hit the garage at 2:30AM, which meant no running for me on Saturday. AMD had a special screening of Over the Hedge on Saturday at 10AM, so I got about 4 hours of sleep and we headed to the flick. I expected to sleep the whole time, but it was a really good movie and I stayed awake for the whole thing. Sunday was Mom's day so I decided to make Carla breakfast and not run again. So that makes 1 run in 8 days...Slug!

I have to get back to group tomorrow for some Circuit training that Gilbert is tailoring for us Fall marathoners. It should be grueling, but I am totally looking forward to it.

Stats - 7.1 Miles for the week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home