Monday, May 22, 2006

Mile Repeats at Zilker

Today I met the group for mile repeats. I wasn't too fired up about it since I just ran the mile race from hell and my lower legs are really sore. It's weird, but I have pain in my feet, ankles, shins and calves. The weather has turned for the humid and warm which is what we will have until the fall. It was really muggy this AM. We jogged over from RunTex, did our drills and then headed off. G set up some new groups so "Frank's" group picked up some folks from "Jay's" group. I guess after two years we have become elder statesman...LOL! So my group is now Me, Marcy, Brian, and Shannon. Shannon raced yesterday so it was the 3 of us today.

We did 3 repeats with two minutes in between and although I didn't feel so hot today, I was able to run close to my fastest set ever. We did 6:48 for the first repeat, 6:43 for the second, and I could really feel it for the third where we ran 6:45. The average was 6:45.6 which was a good effort.

We jogged back and I had to run to the school for an awards ceremony. At home I did 100 crunches and 30 of the new style pushups. I also did the full stretching routine which really felt awesome.

Stats - ~6 miles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home