Saturday, May 27, 2006

Back to the LSRs

Today I met the group for a long run. I haven't run anything higher than 7 miles since the half marathon and was eager to get out there for a long run. My left leg is still bothering me, but it seems to go away once I get warm and it hurts less each day. There was a pretty good sized group heading out today. I think G wanted folks to do Bonnell, but my legs weren't up for it yet so we did the scenic loop. I headed off with Anne and we kind of left everyone behind. Gretchen went ahead of us and Jay and the group were behind us. It was really warm and muggy again and I wasn't really enjoy it all that much. There wasn't water at the rock, but we took a sip at the fountain and headed off. There was no water along the way so we had to suck it up until we got to the cleaners. I ate a carboom there and we headed onward. On the way back there was water/Powerade at O'Henry. We ended up averaging 8:29 for the run which was a nice pace.

We made a quick stop there and then headed back to the zero mile marker where we did some strides. I stuck around for the full stretching session.

Stats - 11.4 miles/1:36:41/8:29 pace
AHR - 147
MHR - 156

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home