Thursday, May 25, 2006

Hot Recovery Run

Today was the kid's last day of school...hooray for them and for me. It means I can run at the lake 5 days a week and get in two 7 mile recover runs a week down there too. I did my usual Thursday 7 mile run and it was really warm. I started about 7:30 and ran for almost an hour. I headed south first and then headed back up Escarpment, across Slaughter to Davis and then back home. Heading south was bearable due to the slight breeze, but heading north was really warm with the wind at my back. My left leg was still hurting, but not as bad as yesterday and the pain seemed to go away as I warmed up. It must be some muscle strain and it is lessening every day.

I did some ab work and push ups when I got home. I have dropped 3 pounds in the last two weeks so that is good. My morning weight loss is even more, but in setting up my software program I weighed in at 5PM so that is what I am guaging my progress on. I know once get going with longer runs it will really help with the calorie burning. Each of the last two weeks I have skipped day of running.

Stats - 7.01 miles/about 8:20 pace
AHR - 142
MHR - 160

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home