Wednesday, September 06, 2006

400s at AHS

Today we met for 400s at AHS. The weather was really nice with temps in the 60s and dry. I know the weather gods are teasing us, but we will take the respite from the weather. I took off running so I could avoid the "close runner," who shall be referred to as CR going forward in my BLOG, to AHS. The track was crowded so we did our drills on the north side of the track. We finished up and then started out with the kind of fun sets of five x 400 workout with a walking lap in between. We were supposed to decrease our time 2 seconds each set. G said minimum of 3 sets and 4 if you have time, but this one takes a long time. I jumped up to run with Alex W to avoid CR and kind of left my normal group behind. G sent us out to start at 1:38 and then work down from there. This is definitely not a workout to see how fast you can bust a 400, but more of an endurance 400 workout.

We did the first set averaging 1:38 which was right on. We dropped to 1:36 our second set, again good, and then 1:35 our third set which was kind of off target. We had one slow repeat that really messed up our average because 3 of the 5 were 1:34 and below. No big deal. I felt good throughout the workout and felt like I could have done another set with no problem and I think that is how I should have felt.

I joggd back with Alex W and then headed to the gym for some abs, pull ups and dips. I also did some light stretching.

Stats - 8.6 miles
AHR - 123
MHR - 157

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home