Monday, August 28, 2006

7 Mile Workout

Today we met for an easy workout after the long run on Saturday. This whole week is actually going to be pretty easy and it is nice to have a "down" week after I ran over 56 miles last week. That was the most I have ever run in a week and this month will end up being the most I have ever run in a month.

G said to run the 7 mile loop and be back in an hour for some 60 yard strides and some drills. I ran with Alex and Rich and we ran at a slow pace early on. I had to stop for a potty break and then ran faster to catch up with them. We finished with a moderate pace and joined the group for the strides. We finished about 10 and then started with the hopping and higher/open drills. I headed home after the run after another night of insomnia. I went to the doctor and he told me to try som herbal stuff to help me sleep. I also picked up a new pillow and hope both of these things help me sleep. His did say that as we get older our sleep patterns change and that could be my problem. We don't get to enjoy the long nights of sleep we got as teens or in our early 20s. I saw Lucy today and she worked me over pretty good. I had some stuff in my feet, but everything else was pretty good and the legs feel great today.

Stats - 7 Miles plus .58 miles in strides
AHR - 133
MHR - 153

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home