Saturday, September 02, 2006

Grove Loop

It seems like I just finished running. :) I woke up to a very sore body from last night. Although I only ran a short leg, my effort made me feel like hell this morning. It was really hard getting going, but I made it to RunTex to join the crew for the Grove loop and between 13 and 14 miles. I started out with Anne and Alex, but Alex disappeared before we hit Riverside. The first mile was really slow. I guess it was due to the race hangover. We got faster and faster every mile after that, but I felt dehydrated and tired. It was really challenging. We stopped for our first water break near ACC where I ate my first CarbBoom. Brad caught up with us just past the softball fields after the Holly power plant. He had some fresh legs due to some travel this week. There was more water at under I-35 where I ate my second CarbBoom and we stopped one more time a the Rock. Once we left there Brad and Marcy dropped me a bit. I think there were only a few of us who did the whole loop. Some folks turned off earlier which I thought about, but I was feeling good enough to get the miles in. I ran all the way back to the car to get home early. I did my stretching at home.

Splits - 10:04, 9:12, 9:03, 8:40, 8:18
8:25, 8:30, 8:35, 8:18, 8:33
8:22, 8:14, 8:04, 8:10 (pace for the last .76)

My post run weight was 193 which is great. With 7 weeks to go, I will be lighter than last year's race with more muscle.

Stats - 13.76 miles/1:58:36/8:37 pace
AHR - 131
MHR - 148

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home